Our office sees patients from infancy to seniors of all ages.
We are your Patient Centered Medical Home! It is not a place; it is a method of providing care to our patients. Patient Centered means that we respect your choices, values and opinions (even if they differ from ours). We want you to be a part of the decisions you make and the goals you set. A Patient Centered approach involves focusing on your needs and helping you meet those needs, whatever they may be
The Patient Centered Medical Home is your first contact when you have a medical problem, question or need. Dr. Mills is your Primary Care Provider, (PCP) or the doctor who provides ongoing care for you throughout your life.
We work as a team in our office, and our Care Team will help you prevent
or manage illness or disease, overcome barriers and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You always have someone to turn to during any
Preventive care sometimes means making appropriate life style changes to maintain your health. We will work closely with you to educate you to prevent illness and manage illness at home when possible.
are discussed in detail at every visit or transition so you know exactly how, when
and why you take medications. Bring your medication bottles to the office for every visit with Dr. Mills to ensure
that medications are still needed and are taken safely.
This is the year to stop. If you smoke, Dr. Mills will provide tools to finally quit.
Referrals and Community Resources
As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Call Us First:
- We will make every effort to provide an appointment on same day that you are ill. Call us at 732-303-6455. If lines are busy, leave a message! Our Care Team will call you back as soon as possible.
- Sign up for our secure Patient Portal which allows you to send us a message or retrieve a prescription, laboratory result or other information you need. Our Care Team will respond to your Portal message within 24 business hours (Monday to Friday). Note, for urgent or critical needs that need immediate attention, call the office or our answering service.
- If you have a medical question during office hours, contact us and we will provide an answer as soon as possible but not later than the next business day.
- We will coordinate care when you need a specialist, procedure or service in our "Medical Neighborhood". For your convenience we have published a Community Resource Manual. Go to the MORE tab top and click on "Our Community" for the community resources in our medical neighborhood.
- If you call after hours, you will get our answering service who will direct you to one of Dr. Mills covering physicians. Our Answering Service can also be reached by calling 732-962-1099.